1. Preheat the oven to 175-200ºF and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, aluminium foil or a silicone sheet.
2. Peel and slice the bananas. Make sure they’re all fairly much the same slice width, to ensure even cooking.
3. Brush with lemon juice mixed with just a little water to prevent excessive browning of the bananas and adds a slight tang.
4. Arrange the slices across the lined baking tray and do not allow the slices to touch.
5. If you want sprinkle with a little cinnamon and salt.
6. Place the sheet in the oven.
7. Test after an hour to see if you like the consistency; if not, continue baking. Baking times may vary depending on the thickness of the slices.